Partnering with a virtual assistant to accomplish more in your day can lead to gains in your business. As a business owner, you have many hats to wear and many tasks to complete in a day, week or month. Not sure which tasks you should delegate? Here are a few to consider:
- Research. We all know how monotonous and time-consuming research can be. You can delegate this task to your virtual assistant and you can use your time to work on revenue resources, engage with clients, or spend more time with your family.
- Social Media Management. Maybe you need help getting your social media accounts set up. Maybe you already have accounts set up, but now find that you have little to no time to post, update, or interact with your followers. Your virtual assistant can set up your accounts, set up scheduling tools, create original content or post content that you desire, and interact with your followers for you.
- Customer Service. Customers are certainly important to business; however, if you are spending the majority of your time responding to recurring customer inquiries and inundated with on-boarding paperwork, then you are spending less time creating products and/or services or strategizing for your business. Your virtual assistant can on-board your new clients, respond to your customer inquiries, and deal with any customer complaints that may arise. Additionally, they can regularly check in with your long-term clients to ensure their needs are continuing to be met and that they do not feel forgotten.
- E-mail Management. According to an article in Forbes, office workers receive at least 200 messages per day and spend approximately 2.5 hours reading and replying to e-mails on average. That’s more than 12 hours per week! Imagine how much more e-mail a business owner receives and has to respond to! Your virtual assistant can free up significant time for you by checking your e-mail inbox; setting up a system for labeling, replying, or archiving incoming e-mails; and setting up automatic filters.
- Event Management. With the advances in technology, more often events are taking place virtually in the form of webinars and online conferences and classes. Your virtual assistant can aid you in setting up the technical platform for the event, moderating the chat during the event, handling bookings and payments, managing attendees and /or speakers, event promotion, and following up after the event. Let your virtual assistant handle the administrative tasks while you focus on preparing necessary materials for your event.
- Bookkeeping. Do you find yourself missing payment due dates for your utilities, credit cards or other bills? Are there too many unpaid invoices slipping through the cracks? If you needed to find a bill or receipt, would you have to dig through an abyss of papers? Your virtual assistant can help make sure bills are paid on time, generate invoices and follow-up in case of non-payment, pay employees and contractors, and maintain financial data in your preferred software. Having a trusted asset to help keep track of the general financial well-being of your business will certainly help you free up time and keep your business running smoothly and orderly.
- Anything that is time-consuming and not in your particular skill set. For example, your virtual assistant can create an Excel spreadsheet, PowerPoint presentation or format letters. The truth of the matter is that not everyone is particularly technologically or administratively savvy and that is perfectly okay! Instead of wasting precious time trying to figure out how to format slides, insert links or figure out line spacing, hire someone that is already well-versed and can get the job done efficiently and allow you time to do what you do best.
This is certainly not an exhaustive list of the tasks that you can delegate, but it certainly is a start. You might consider outsourcing any task that is repetitive, time-consuming and takes your focus off of the bigger picture. You do not have to spend significant time tending to administrative or secretarial tasks that monopolize your time. You can invest in an invaluable resource that will help you grow your business and get back to doing more of the things that you love!